What do we look
for in a team member?
All About The Customer
We’re fortunate that many of the people that work for us here at The Workers Shop have been here for a very long time. Many are family friends.
However, when we do need to bring on a new team member, we only choose outgoing, charismatic individuals who enjoy providing terrific customer service just like us.
We also look for people with experience in the industries of our customers, allowing them to relate better and offer the very best product advice. Amongst our team we are very lucky to have so many professions covered from a workwear perspective.
BRUCE – FOUNDER
- Bruce Todman, before opening The Workers Shop in 2002, Bruce had 20 years of in-industry trade experience, after working alongside his oldest daughter Alysha for 10 years, he decided to hand the reins of the family business over to Alysha and Ross.
Alysha – Owner/Director
2007 – Present
- Qualified Chef – working as a chef for 6 years – Ultimo Catering
- Diploma and Business Management and Hotel/Tourism – Function manager 4 years Ultimo Catering
- Hotel and Tourism recruitment is London England for 12 months
- Dome Coffees Australia – Regional Manager
- Frasers Group – Restaurant Manager
- The Workers Shop (alongside her father Bruce) for 4 years before going up north
- Catering Manager 6 years with ISS at Sino Iron Mine & Compass Group ESS at Barrow Island
- The Workers Shop since 2016 ( took over ownership from her Parents April 2017)
Ross – Owner/Director
2016 – Present
- Qualified Chef for 10 years at Frasers Kings Park
- Security Installer for 4 years at DuraTech Security
- Chef on the mines for 6 years with ISS at Sino Iron Mine & Compass Group ESS at Barrow Island
- The Workers Shop since 2016 (took over ownership from father in law April 2017)
Michael – Store Manager
2012 – 2016
Aug 2018 – Present
- The Workers Shop 5years
- Construction – limestone cutting
- Admin/office clerk at Hollywood hospital
- The workers shop (came back October 2018)
Lea Shacklady – Retail assistant
2017 – Present
- Carer at Senior home
- Admin and book keeping for Husband’s business Cooleys Cabinets
Nicole Mills has worked in the mining and resource industry prior to joining The Workers Shop team. She is an expert in workplace PPE and requirements has experience working in a variety of different workplaces.
- Project Coordinator
- Customer service
- Liaising and organising subcontractors and tenders
She has also has known the worker’s shop team for over 20 years and loves working in their team orientated service-based environment.
"Locally owned, great range and really helpful - bought a pair of Mongrel Boots here the other day and had a great experience. Thanks, guys."
"Family run, friendly and experienced team!!"
"From boots to jumpers, I have been coming to The Workers Shop for years for all my work gear. They’re knowledgeable, have a great selection, and always smiling. Will continue coming here for years to come."
"We have been using The Workers Shop for all our uniform needs for a few years now. Bruce and the team always offer excellent service and are very professional. They prepare our uniforms in a timely fashion and with a smile. They are a pleasure to deal with, and I will continue to use their services for some time yet. Thanks!"